Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What's Bugging Me This Week

1. People who claim they will never be able to return to work and seek full disability benefits based on a statement by their internist, who has nothing to do with the broken leg they're having surgery on. Especially when their orthopedic surgeon releases them to full duty work with no restrictions.

2. People who put their infant in critical danger out of laziness and then blame paparazzi who, while possibly aggressive, are less of a risk than a CAR CRASH to an unrestrained infant. Also, people with "bodyguards" who buy coffee instead of guarding bodies.

3. News teams who camp out ALL DAY on the elementary school campus packed with kids dealing with the aftermath of a kindergarten classmate getting run over by a school bus. Stupid vultures.

4. The overwhelming guilt that I don't tie my child to my wrist and hover over her 24 hours a day so freak accidents like #3 won't happen.

5. People who ask you to fax them something, then turn around and fax it back to you. Never mind that THEY asked ME for it, or that the header says it CAME from me in the first place. They even do it when I put a COVER SHEET that says DO NOT FAX BACK TO ME. They even do it when I write that right on the damned form.

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Oh, when freak accidents like that happen, I want to lock my son in his room to protect him, and he's 14!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm sure it will never end. Once a parent, always a parent.