Friday, March 24, 2006

Dream

I tend to dream in features. You know, very detailed, intense, full-color, full-emotion, full-sound dreams. High production values.

Unfortunately, it's usually in the few hours (hour?) before I wake up, and I end up feeling more tired than when I went to bed, even if I got eight and a half hours of sleep, like last night.

But it's no wonder. I mean, take this morning's dream. Megan was in it. A lot. She was about to celebrate her 10th anniversary by renewing her wedding vows. In her house. Which meant cleaning. And I noticed a spot on the wall and cleaned it. Which made--you've got it. A clean spot. So I spent half the dream cleaning her wall. Spraying and scrubbing. And trying not to mention the huge water stain in the wallpaper that meant her roof was leaking. She had enough to worry about.

There was a lot more going on, but the only other thing I remember is the male MS claimant. I never meet the claimants I do short term disability management for. And I can remember ONE male MS claimant in four years. But he was right there, in his wheelchair, demanding my time. And when he wasn't there, his paperwork was, staring me in the face, taunting me. Even after my alarm went off, I dreamed his paperwork was on my nightstand under my alarm clock.

Gotta go to work now. Pray there's no new claim on my fax machine for a male MS patient.

2 comments:

KATZ said...

Definitely sounds like an anxiety dream to me! I get those restless dreams right before waking, too!

I saw your posting on MaryF's blog, "The Bandwagon" - my dh and I love Smallville, too, but I have to live vicariously through my sister's TiVo! :)

I have various shows set to record at her house and usually take one night a week to watch all the shows with her.

And, just found a new addiction in Lost! I really think it is AWESOME writing, but we bought the DVD's - no way could I wait for that show every week! :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Hi, Sarah! Thanks for coming over this way. :)

Yes, you're right, definitely an anxiety dream. They will go away in 72 days...nope, it's after midnight. 71 days, when I leave my job to write full time. Woo hoo!