Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm Here!

There is a huge difference between the fresh, new, airy, TINY Harrisburg, PA, airport and the giant, endless, dingy, under-construction Atlanta airport. Anyone who reads this before traveling--TAKE THE TRAIN TO BAGGAGE CLAIM. That airport is endless.

But other than that, it was fine. My flight was fine, getting there was fine, finding baggage claim was easy, getting my bags was easy, finding Atlanta Link was easy, the van was ready to go as soon as I got on, and there was very little traffic for 5:00 on a Tuesday night. My hotel was first, also.

Then I went all dorky. Most of the women on the shuttle were for RWA and going to the other hotel. I was in the back so no one talked to me and had no idea I was one of them. They were saying it was the wrong hotel, and I said it was my hotel, and then, for no good reason, I said, "I'll be seeing all of YOU tomorrow!"

I got a lot of blank stares.

Luckily, I wasn't yet wearing a nametag.

So. I'm here! Can't wait for the festivities to begin!

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Hahaha, good for you!
You show those ladies you don't have to stay at the posh hotel to be a star conference attendee.
Hope you're having a marvellous time.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, Kiki! I don't feel so stupid now that I haven't run into any of them. LOL