Tuesday, November 28, 2006

And the Darkness Continues...

I'm at the auto dealer this morning, balanced awkwardly on a leather couch while trying not to put pressure on my aching ankle. I'm here for my 110K service and for them to see why my check engine light came on. Of course, when you've reached 110K without many costly repairs, you're running on borrowed time. So here's what it comes down to:

110K routine service: $160

Cracked serpentine belt: $98

Nail in tire, slow leak (patch): $40

Check engine light on due to full charcoal filter (for the gas) resulting in a purge flow alert: $397

So glad it's nearly Christmas!

*Sigh*

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's gonna bring.

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Holy cow!
That's enough for one week already! Tomorrow needs to be an easy day for you!
Ouch on the car repair bill!
V.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm hoping tomorrow will turn the tide, yes. :)

Wouldn't an e-mail from an agent be the ideal pick-me-up? :)

Vicky B said...

Okay, that's enough. You are NOT allowed to have a rotten day for at least another week.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yes, ma'am! *Salutes*

Does karma respond to the Mom Finger? :)

Trish Milburn said...

Ugh. Car repairs. If your car is running on borrowed time, I hate to think what mine is. But I love my little Sentra, even if she does have 234,000 miles on her.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I don't mean it's borrowed time for the CAR, Trish, just that things are going to start wearing out and need replacing. I expect to go a lot longer on this baby.