Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Today has been a fabulous day. I'm writing this on my brand new Alphasmart Neo. Which means I'll be selling my Alphasmart 3000--send me your best offer. :) The key touch is so much softer/smoother on this, and the screen is bigger. I love it.

Santa was very smart this year. In addition to a ton of books from my Amazon wish list, I got:

a Browncoat bracelet
a Serenity decal for my car window
a Serenity T-shirt
a "Big Damn Hero" T-shirt
trading cards for Lost, Serenity, and Supernatural
"Done the Impossible" documentary DVD and soundtrack CD
Spider-Man movie soundtrack

My kids gave me hand-made ornaments and jewelry an a photo holder.

Much more importantly, though, were the continuous screams when they opened their gifts. Number One knows about Santa for the first time this year, so she was vocal about a couple of Santa's choices (Daddy wanted a new bouncy ball for the Stair Game, and "Santa" didn't have a lot of choice so the one "he" chose was Tigger--because Tigger's bouncy, and it's a bouncy ball!) Number Two was quite disgusted with her socks and underwear. But most of the rest went over well, and we all went deaf when their big gifts, their computers, were revealed. They are very happy children. Mommy and Daddy will be very sore parents in a little while, after we crawl all over the floor getting the computers hooked up.

In a little while we'll go to my in-laws for the family togetherness portion of the holiday, which is always laid-back and fun. We'll take the dog, who suffered greatly this morning by not being able to get to me across the cluttered living room, but seemed quite consoled by her bone from Number Two.

I hope everyone's day is as joyous as mine has been. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Cool on all the Serenity/Supernatural loot! :)

MJFredrick said...

Wow - I agree on the Serenity loot! A Browncoat bracelet??? I can't even find a Supernatural calendar (and yet they have Veronica Mars and Buffy!)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

It's one of those rubber bracelets that proliferated after the Livestrong yellow bracelet was created. It's brown and ivory and Jim got it at a site that made me weep: "wash-osaurus.com."

Wwwwaaaaaassshhh!!!!

MJFredrick said...

Poor Wash - I still haven't forgiven Joss for that one.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I know! I understand why he did it, and it had the intended effect, and the movie was better as a movie because of it, but why couldn't he have picked...

Well, there's the problem. I'd be mad if ANYONE died. He swears both Wash and Book will be back in the sequel, so...