Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm A Terrible Mother

Apparently, my husband was wrong. Despite the router's reaction when he disconnected his computer, we still have the network and Internet access. Yay!

I am not the best mother in the world, by far. I try to be very aware of my strengths and weaknesses and to compensate for them, but overall, since my kids are smart, safe, well-behaved, etc., I figured I do a pretty decent job.

Until this morning.

I went in to see what my 7-year-old wanted for breakfast. The first thing I noticed about her was her bangs. The bangs that hadn't existed yesterday. She confessed that she got tired of her hair being in her face and cut it.

During quiet time.

Which was at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Yesterday.

Six hours before she went to bed.

And NONE of us noticed.

It doesn't look too horrible, but they are very short, with some sections being clipped all the way at her scalp. I couldn't do much to fix them because I didn't want to make them any shorter. I did cut off another clump to make them all the way across her forehead, but it's pretty obvious what she's done.

She's happy with it, so that's okay, but I hope the kids at school don't make fun of her.

I feel like such an idiot.

2 comments:

Erica Orloff said...

LOL!!!!!!!! Great story, natalie. Don't be too hard on yourself. We have so many kids, and so many EXTRA kids hanging out here, that it's often dinner before I get an accurate head count.

:-)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks for trying to make me feel better, but I was preparing dinner with her two inches from my side and didn't notice. I don't have the excuse of a crowd. :)