Monday, January 08, 2007

Neo!

I love my Neo.

Just thought you might like to know that. The keyboard is sooooo soft and nice to touch. I can write faster, wih fewier typos (I left those two because they were very funny with the timing) than I could on my Alphasmart. I also love the bigger screen and six lines of type, though the shape of the unit blocks part of the bottom line. That's probably just because I'm short, though. And it's not like I can't tell what the words say.

I do have to get used to the navigation, though. I had Writer Tools on my old Alphie, so it had the original navigation (cmd+arrow moved to the beginning or end of the line) and WT navigation (ctrl+arrow moved to the beginning or end of the next word). Now this has sentence navigation, so ctrl+arrow moves a whole sentence, while option+arrow moves a word. I keep jumping sentences instead of words, and then trying to switch and jumping lines instead.

Otherwise, it's just the same. Little, light, fast on, fast off, no distraction. When I wrote this last week at the coffee shop, I'd written 2879 words in about two hours. That's a decent amount.

Of course, then I distracted myself writing two blog posts.

But I love my Neo. :)

No comments: