Saturday, January 27, 2007

Reading Meme

I got tagged! *sobs with happiness* Thank you, Mary!

Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal?
Paranormal or contemporary. I only buy historical if it's a friend, and even then it may take me a year or five to read it. Don't know why, exactly. I used to love them.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?
MMP first, TP second, then hardback. MM is best for price, shelf space, and convenience. I am poor broke financially careful now, so hardbacks I get at the library.

Heyer or Austen?
Never read either one.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
Both. I am rediscovering Amazon, lately, and using the hell out of the wish list (which paid off handsomely at Christmas). But nothing beats browsing in an actual book store. I feel good just walking in the door.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
B&N. Our local Borders is cannibalizing itself (putting the little mall stores that used to be Waldenbooks out of business). I love the people at my former Waldenbooks and dread them having to close. That aside, B&N has books out early or on time, and Borders never does, and I can never find anything in Borders. It gets shelved weird. And the staff is never helpful. Many of the workers at B&N used to be with the B. Dalton in that mall-that-is-now-an-external-shopping-center, and they're great, too.

Woodiwiss or Lindsay?
Can't really recall ever reading either of these two, either. Maybe some Lindsey.

First romance novel you ever remember reading?
The volume of Little House on the Prairie when Laura fell in love. I never liked, in the next book, how she called him Manley, though. Or whatever.

Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random?
Alphabetize? AHahahahahahahahahahahaha

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?
Keep, give to my sister-in-law, or donate to library. Never sell or throw away.

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
The dustjacket eliminates the need for a bookmark!

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake?
Nope.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Chapter breaks unless I actually fall asleep and start making up what I'm reading. Sometimes I have to turn out the light mid-chapter 'cause Jim wants to go to sleep.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
Either, depending on my mood.

Crusie or SEP?
God, haven't you ever seen those two together? It's like making a peanut butter cup. They're hilarious. And I love reading them both, too.

Buy or Borrow?
Since I became an author, it's been buy all the way. Now that I'm poor broke financially careful, I went back to borrowing books that come out in hardcover from my favorite authors, but am still buying the paperbacks.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
I rarely read reviews. I'll buy on recommendation but usually only because the book itself also appeals to me. So I guess browse rules.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
A cliffhanger is great only if I'm late to the series and I already have the new book. :)

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?
Yes.

I read constantly. While I'm brushing my teeth, cooking, waiting for the kids to do their homework or come out of dance class...and I always always always read before I go to sleep.

Series or standalone?
I like both. Don't really have a preference.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Prime Time by Vicky Burkholder, but they haven't heard of it only because it's not out yet. :)

I tag Smith, Bicky, and Megan!

No comments: