Thursday, March 01, 2007

Goals Check, February

I'm not going to say "I can't believe it's March first already!" Not only is that cliché, I CAN believe it and I'm GLAD it's March. March isn't my favorite month. It's kinda near the bottom, actually, though that has more to do with the way it sounds than with anything real. But February felt freakin' long. Ironic, huh?

So, let's see how I did with my goals progress in February:

Writing

My goal for the year is 350,000 words total. That breaks down to 29,167 per month. In February I wasn't working on a new book, but I did have a short story/novella (not yet done, don't know which it will qualify for) and I counted all the words that increased my total count on the book I revised. So February total is 23,974. Since January was so big and my total is 83,068 for the year, I'm still way ahead. I expect that to change in March, which will be all revision. But right now, I'm good.

Reading

Ugh and ugh again. Goal for the year: 115 books. That's about 9.5 a month, and I'm at 13 for the YEAR. I attempted 23, but only finished 6. Way behind! Even though I only had 1.75 critiques and four Entertainment Weeklies. Must do better.

Weight

I wanted to lose a pound a week. So far I'm at 4 for the year, which is bogus. But that's okay. I'm not working that hard for it. More importantly...

Exercise

I'm proudest of this so far. I've exercised 50 days (including today) and only skipped 10 (never more than two in a row), so I'm on track to do 300 days of exercise this year. My gyn was impressed at my ambitious goal--doesn't seem that ambitious to me. I mean, sometimes it's just a 15-minute walk with the dog, or cleaning the house (done right, that's strenuous!) or shoveling/chipping the driveway. But usually it's a more extensive workout than that, and I'm noticing some changes.

Dining Room

Um...we've talked about it. Once. Gonna start planning and buying supplies this month. Maybe.

So, how are you doing on your goals?

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Good job on the exercising! I'm in total awe of your writing goal, though!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Remember, writing is my day job now. :) So I'd BETTER be writing that much! LOL