Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #10



Thirteen Reasons I Am Happy Today


1. The funky intestinal pain and lightheadedness last night were the result of monthly hormones, something I ate, and extreme fatigue, not the novovirus my kid had last week.

2. My computer came yesterday! J was appalled and disappointed that I didn't connect it, but I had a ton of freelance work and retreat prep to get done, and my transfer cable didn't come so it would have been an incomplete setup. Plus, I didn't expect it to come until next week, so I didn't prep THIS computer yet (all the backups, etc.)

3. The Upfronts are this week, and so far I've been happy. The CW Upfronts are today (I don't know why I can't find them anywhere, don't they do it at, like, 5:00 in the morning?) but the schedule was leaked and Supernatural seems to be officially renewed.

4. Supernatural is on tonight, even if I don't get to watch it. It's the season finale, which makes me sad (whaaaa, four months with no Sam and Dean!), but Dad is on it and the YED is played by the guy who played the marshall on Lost in the first season, even though it didn't have to be. With luck and the skill and dedication of my most awesomest friend Megan, we should be able to watch it tomorrow.

5. The weather has turned perfect. Earlier this week it was up to 87, which made me grumpy. The A/C doesn't get serviced until Tuesday and I refuse to turn it on this early, anyway. Today is sunny and 68. Okay, it's not supposed to stay perfect, we're expecting rain, which means no writing outside this weekend, but that won't harm anything.

6. I was going to list everyone who is attending the retreat here, but I got to 12 of 15 and wasn't sure who the others were! I think I know, but if I'm wrong, someone will feel bad. So I'll just say, everyone who will be at the retreat this weekend.

7. I'm going on retreat this weekend! Rhodes Grove is the bomb. Tom, the operations manager, is the best retreat facility manager in the world. He moves fridges into our conference room for us, humors attendees who have ghosts in their rooms, and somehow manages to be totally and completely out of sight unless we need him. I haven't met Angie yet, the new reservations person, but I spoke to her on the phone and she seems to be cut of the same cloth as Tom. Excellent meals, comfy accommodations, and "friendly" roosters. What more could you ask for? I was going to link to the rooster story but apparently I didn't blog about the retreat last year (!!!!) so if you want to know the rooster story, which is pretty funny when you add the Fran bit, let me know in the comments and I'll relate it)

8. I have a new book to start writing at the retreat. I timed it that way on purpose, of course, because having new stuff to write at retreat is the best. I can brag about page counts and word counts and feel like I'm getting somewhere I wouldn't be if I hadn't been on retreat.

9. I have Veronica Mars and Lost to watch while I wrap game prizes this morning.

10. I am a genius. I can't make things for shit, but I can figure out HOW to. My other most awesomest friend Cathy gave me the results of her "Romance Family Feud" survey so I didn't have to do that work, but I did have to figure out how to play the game, which I think I did and it will be cool, and I also had to figure out how to make a workable game board, and I did. It looks like crap but it works great.

11, 12, and 13. Because it's a big enough one to take up three numbers.
I am living the life I want to live. With the advantage of experience and a better understanding of who I am and who I want to be, I can look back at my life and see other paths I could have taken and been happy. I might occasionally suffer a wistful "what if" moment. But I don't wish I had those lives. The path I chose brought me to a place where I am the wife of the best husband possible, mother of the best kids I could have hoped to raise, and a full-time author of books I thrill to write. I have more friends than I ever expected to--good friends, real friends, who have formed the net I leaped without nearly a year ago. I have sweet animals, a decent house, and no regrets. What more could I possibly ask for?






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE 11, 12, and 13 :D Awesome!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, Angela!