Friday, October 12, 2007

Book Tag

I'm sure I have more to say, but I'm tired, so I'll just go with this tag from Mary:

Total number of books?


Like, in my whole house? Counting the ones in my office, the ones on the four sets of shelves in the family room, the ones in the bedroom (mine and Jim's), and the ones in both kids' rooms? Thousands, for sure, and what a futile task, logging them.

Um...no offense to those who log their books.

I'm down to about 30 on my TBR pile. *panics* Help! I need a conference!

Last book read?

Prom Dates From Hell by Cabot, Myracle, Harrison, Jaffe, and Meyer

Last book bought?

Technically, it's three copies of each of five of my own titles, for an event next week. But not my own, it's Crazy in Love by Lani Diane Rich.

Five meaningful books?

Man, that's tough.

First on the list has to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, which is slightly different than what I saw on the other lists. This first book in the series launched my entire family on an odyssey of love and obsession. She had us with the cat reading the street sign.

After that, I really don't know. "Meaningful" is such a heavy word.

I'm going to say:

The first book I ever read by myself (no idea what it was).

The first time I read a book because of the romance in it (probably Little House on the Prairie when I was six).

The first book that made me consider being a writer (though I don't recall such a thing).

The last book I will ever read (and may I please not realize it at the time).

No comments: