Friday, April 25, 2008

Uhhhhhhhh...

Dude.

Apparently posting at 11:17 p.m. means totally butchering what should be a really funny exchange. I swear, I didn't think I was getting old, that staying up late was becoming less workable for me. But it seems it is.

Oh, gee, lookee here, I'm posting after 11:THIRTY this time! Yeah, this will go well.

Anyway. I know you're all rolling your eyes at each other over my insistence that this thing at the restaurant (see, I just started typing "grocery store"--I SO should be in bed right now) was funny. I know that explaining it in more detail is going to be excruciatingly embarrassing.

But I'm gonna do it anyway.

So we went to Red Lobster for dinner for Number Two's ninth birthday (yes, she's nine and yes, she ordered off the main menu--crab legs--and yes, that's part of the reason for the gigantic bill). We treated my in-laws, so there were six of us for dinner.

Two appetizers, three adult beverages, an average meal price over $17, two desserts, and a big tip. The bill was $198+. I was lamenting the record-setting size of it when the waiter, Sam, brought Number One a box for her dessert. I thanked him for the box and handed him the folder thingy, saying "You can have this." And since I was still shocked at the total (not really, it was expected, but it had an impact), I offered my firstborn.

I'm not witty, so "You can have this. Along with my firstborn. She's right there." tickled me, because it flowed so well and made people laugh.

And then my MIL picked up the thread, though what she said was funnier than what I could remember.

And then my 12-year-old! Bringing the funny! Without missing a beat!

Anyway. I apologize for the weird attempt to share. :)

No comments: