Sunday, April 27, 2008

What I Did This Weekend

Soccer. Lots and lots of soccer.

Saturday:

9:00 a.m. Number Two plays, wins game, moves into first place

1:30 p.m. Number One plays a very aggressive, physical game, very well, and loses 3-2 to remain in last place.

7:05 p.m. Harrisburg City Islanders once again amaze me with their speed and agility and wild play (hey, is that head lock legal?)--game was called, scoreless, at 41 minutes due to major lightning storm

Sunday:

12:00 p.m. Number Two plays, ties, barely remains in first place

2:00 p.m. City Islanders resume, tie game

You'd think I'd be soccered out, but I'm surprisingly excited for the tournament next week and didn't want the Islanders game to end.

That wasn't all I did this weekend, though.

I don't mind physical labor while I'm actually doing it. Getting me there, however, is a chore. There are a million things I'd rather do than housecleaning and yardwork. As a consequence, my yard usually looks like this:


Without the trash can sitting in the "garden," of course. That was only there in preparation for additional activity today, which didn't occur because of the aforementioned storm and there's no freakin' way I'm hauling around wet mulch.

Anyway, yesterday I spent a few hours on it between games, and this is what half my front yard looks like now:


I'm so proud. :)

Of course, I couldn't manage to get all the maple sprouts pulled out by the root, and I have a feeling the wild strawberry is hardier than wood chips, so this won't look so good for very long.

This is how much mulch I still have to move (I think the pile got a little smaller when it got wet):



What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

Erica Orloff said...

I had seven kids in my house. Mine plus three extra. Six of them were under 12. Three of them (a subset of the six) were under five.

It rained all weekend. Do the math.
:-)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Ooooh, Erica, I can't believe you're coherent this morning! Gah!