Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Update

Before I went on retreat a couple of weeks ago, things were head-spinningly busy, work-wise. Then I put all my clients on hold for four days, and when I returned, they were slow to load me up again. I was loving it. Then, today, one client whose project was supposed to be done by now finally gave it to me, and another gave me four things to do. And I got edits for my fall novella.

And, of course, that all hit the day before my kids' last day of school.

I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. Morning strings camp will delay the start of my work day until afternoon. My kids are really good about letting me work, but often when I'm working they are sitting or lying around, and I need to keep them active in a neighborhood that doesn't offer a lot of ways to do that. Doing that usually means me taking them somewhere, like the pool (where Number One lies around on a towel reading, anyway *sigh*).

I'm also trying to get my Romance Wiki stuff entered, as well as a friend's, and that keeps falling by the wayside. Plus I have about 15 household things that need attention, not least of which is getting estimates to replace our breaker box before it causes a fire. It hasn't caused a fire in 46 years, but the same box did in other houses, so we'd better get it replaced STAT. *sigh* again

Oh, and then there's the workshop I'm doing on The Anatomy of a Hook for my RWA chapter on Saturday that is about three-quarters complete.

On the upside, after tomorrow I don't have to get up at 6:20 anymore until the end of August. And I just found the notes I made at the NEC conference for a new book idea, and I'm excited about it, even though it will be a while before I get around to writing it.

Off to bed now, to better face the dawn.

2 comments:

Vicky B said...

And you say my life is too busy!

But knowing you, you'll get it all done in stellar time. And in the meantime, enjoy sleeping in!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Well, your life is mind-bogglingly busy for someone who doesn't have young kids at home! :)

I'm sure I'll get things done okay. It's working with a certain person that's going to drive me insane. *sigh*

And thanks, I will! :)