Monday, November 03, 2008

NaNo Day...What Day Is It, Now?

I know it's day 3, but I'm already bleary-eyed and behind. Well, not behind the NaNo goal, behind my own goal. It's so stupid to keep trying to write more words faster than the year before, but I'm so self-competitive. And hey, it's great training for deadlines.

So today I should be at 8,871 for my personal goal. Right now, I'm at 7809. It's not looking good. My eyes hurt. And I'm scared to check my profile and see my writing buddies' counts, because I'm sure skipper and MaryF and probably MarianneArkins are way ahead of me.

Yesterday the girls and I went to the TSO concert, and because of that and the STUPIDITY of the venue managers (and the Sunday Night Football game, shhh), I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. writing and stuff. Hence, the eye blearies.

You'll get a review of the concert sometime this week, and I'll keep updating my word count widget, but right now, I just need to go crash. Maybe I'll catch up on...oh, let's see, Tuesday have a meeting, Tuesday and Wednesday finish a nonfiction revision and an editing job, Thursday start a novel crit... Yeah, okay, that would be never.

Hey, in the meantime, while you're waiting for me to show up again (you know you will be!), go check out Victoria Smith. She's said a lot of great things lately, but this post is particularly brilliant and powerful.

I'll be back when the blearies go away.

No comments: