Sunday, May 03, 2009

Random Sunday

I'm not in the market for a new laptop yet, but I'm dreaming. The problem is, I hatehatehate the trackpad and that it pushes the keyboard so far back from the front of the casing. I could use a separate keyboard, but that kind of defeats the purpose of traveling light. So I'm wondering if anyone out there is aware of a laptop that either is laid out differently, with the keyboard to the front, or one with a detachable keyboard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dog doesn't bark much. She does this little howl thing when she's outside and wants to come in, or when she'd happy or hungry or excited. She only does those warning barks when the oil guy comes to fill the tank.

So the other day, as I was finishing my shower, I heard her bark, loud and sharp. My first thought?

Why don't I keep salt in the bathroom?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I think my finger/hand will be okay. It gets aggravated a lot when I work the day job, which requires a lot of toggling (between programs) and puts lateral pressure on my middle finger. And if I'm not careful and try to hold or carry something heavy with that finger, it hurts a lot. But overall things are improving.

Slowly, though, because nothing is really helping. I got a finger kit that had a splint--that put too much pressure on the knuckle and when I took it off made it unbendable, stiff, and sore--and straps to buddy my fingers--which helped mostly at night except they'd slide off so I used tape anyway, and of course I can't type with them so I don't use them during the day--and a cool gel-freeze sleeve with a gauze finger cover for protection, that works excellently but doesn't stay cold for more than 10 minutes. *sigh* At least the kit didn't cost too much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Twitter resistance is thinning. I really don't need more time sucks, as far as following people, and I don't have enough short things to say, the opportunity to post them, or the memory to do so even if I come up with ideas and opportunity.

But I almost caved this week. Someone started twitting whom I have a vested interest in following. But I settled down and just bookmarked her page.

You won't get me, Twitter! *shakes fist*

6 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

Hooray Fight or flight edits are done!

Booo finger problems.

I hear you about twitter. I don't have Facebook or Myspace. I can easily resist them, but Twitter is getting to me, too. I haven't caved yet, though.

Hooray! Retreat is coming!!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks for the Hooray!

Now I need to get organized for the retreat...

Victoria said...

LOL on salt in the bathroom. Maybe we ought to take a big bag to the retreat...you know...just in case the ghost cat comes back.
Boo on your finger!
I'm not caving to Twitter either! Be strong!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Oooh, yes, but not for the cat! For Megan! And that thing that tries to shove her out of bed every year!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I've been on Twitter for a while now. I visit once in while and get lots of followers from there. I like it to just pop in and check out some random links here and there. I'm not addicted and visit facebook more often.
And you don't have soap in the bathroom?

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I have soap! I need SALT. LOL

Salt repels ghosts and demons.