Friday, October 30, 2009

Freakin' DONE

I finished a book today.

Writing, not reading. Finishing a book I'm reading happens nearly a hundred times a year.

But finishing the first draft of a new novel hasn't happened in a freakin' long time. I started this one in July 2008, and I'd work on it for a while, then set it aside for revisions on something else. The book my agent is currently shopping, or a book I sold, or a book my agent gave me editorial advice on that needed (and still needs) additional work, etc.

It felt really, really good.

You know what else felt good? Those revisions on the book my agent felt needed additional work will be done tomorrow (I hope, unless I fall apart and can't fix it), and so will be my two current big freelance projects.

Viva October!

How is your month going out?

4 comments:

MJFredrick said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow, that's a long time between finishing projects. WTG!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Thanks, Mary! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wow, my month isn't as good as yours. I understand about all your interruptions. I've had to set my current WIP aside no less than four times because of doing revisions or rewrites on other contracted projects. Congrats on getting it done.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I imagine that's slightly less frustrating when contracts are involved, Sue. LOL

I needed a good month, 'cuz my year has sucked! :)