Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Me? Lie? Never!

My friend Monica Burns tagged me for a very different kind of “award.”  I have to come up with lies to tell you people!  I don’t think I’m very good at this.  Certainly not nearly as good as Monica is!  But what the hey, I’ll give it a try.

First I’ll post the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (Uh, thanks, Monica!)

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you.

4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.

5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.

6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

People are going to get seriously annoyed with me if I keep tagging them. No one give me any more awards! LOL

Okay, first the lies/truths.  Guess which are which.

1. I have been to several countries in Europe, and I don’t remember any of it.

2. When I was like 14, babysitting my brother, we got into a fight and I tried to stab him with a garlic press, and hit my hand instead. I still have the scar.

3. I have top security clearance because of my job at National Geographic, which means I could technically be told lots of state secrets.

4. When I was dating my husband in college, his fraternity had a tradition that if a brother pinned his girlfriend, they carried him down to the sulfur spring, stripped him naked, and tossed him in. Then they gave him back his shoes and made him run naked back to the frat house, about half a mile. I got to see this happen to two of my husband’s brothers, but not him. He never pinned me.

5. When I worked in DC, my aunt worked for Budget Rent-a-Car and she got me cars when I needed one for a trip home.  One was a Lincoln Town Car. One was a red Mustang convertible. I kept that one a couple of extra days and took it up to 100 on the Beltway.

6. In my summer job at Sarrett Nature Center after my sophomore year of college, I got bit by all of the following: a raccoon, a barred owl, a black rat snake, a baby fox, an injured kestrel, and a tiny white mouse. Oh, and black flies.

Who knows me best? Guess away in the comments!

I tag the following, who I know can be really awesome liars creative bloggers:

1. Victoria Smith

2. Jody Wallace

3. Ava Quinn

4. Tracy Madison

5. Misty Simon

6. Megan Hart

7. Gail at Stream of Conscience

4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I think you told the truth about your husband not pinning you. That's my guess and I'm stickin' to it.

Victoria said...

That's what I think, too! And Thanks for the opportunity to lie!! Heeee!!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

You guys think you know me so well. Well, there's more than one truth up there! :)

And V, you lie beautifully! LOL

Victoria said...

Okay, then. Number six is true. And maybe number five???