Friday, July 30, 2010

The Versatile Blogger

On Monday, MJ Fredrick, whom I used to adore, nominated me for this award. The requirements:

1. Thank the folks who gave you the award and and link to them;
2. Share 7 things about yourself;
3. Pass along to 15 bloggers (and link to them); and
4. Pay it forward: Comment on their blogs to tell them they are now recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award.

Thanks, MJ! She said with no sarcasm whatsoever. :)

I'm going to cheat and pick my 7 things based on hers:

1. I love to fly. I especially love takeoffs and landings. I love looking out the window to see the country below, especially when it's unique (like Utah). I love the swooping sensation when we drop, and turbulence—in moderation, of course—is kind of cool.

2. I don't ever run sprinklers because it wastes water. But I DO like the sound of running water, preferably the ocean, but a waterfall will do. :)

3. I was raised Catholic until I was 7. Then I had my first communion and was allowed to recover. I mean, was allowed to choose my own religious path. :)

4. I would never rather clean anything. I mean, I have the things I mind less than others, but if I ever get enough money, I'm getting a housecleaning service again. It was the best thing we ever did and the worst thing I ever had to give up.

5. I've been saying I'm jealous of the people at National, but that's not completely accurate. I desperately wish I was there, I hate not connecting with the friends I only ever see there, and I hate losing the opportunities for networking that my career really needs right now. It doesn't really carry over to envy, though.

6. I've driven in NYC, DC, Philly, Columbus, and half the big cities on the Eastern Seaboard, Northern Division. :) Though many of those Eastern cities, it was just highways, not surface streets. The first four I listed, was actually in the city. I might have driven in Dallas, too, but I don't remember for sure.

7. Since I'm only two weeks into my job, it's hard to say what I dislike. Oh, wait. The sore feet and aching legs after my 4.5-hour shift and half an hour in the car. It got very hectic today, and I don't like patients waiting when that happens, but it's not a hate thing. It makes the day go really fast, and that's awesome.

Okay, 15 people. MJ didn't notify me, she just let me read it on her blog, so I'm not going to notify anyone, either. This way, if they don't want to do it, they can just pretend they never saw it. :)

1. Vicky Burkholder

2. Jody Wallace

3. Vicki Smith

4. Cathy McDavid (who blogs at The Gabwagon)

5. Mackenzie McKade

6. Trish Milburn

7. Cindy Procter-King

8. Tracy Madison

9. Ava Quinn

10. Susan Gourley

11. Megan Hart

12. Natasha Fondren

13. Melissa Bradley

14. Misty Simon

15. Gail the SciFi Chick

5 comments:

MJFredrick said...

;)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You sweet heart. I'm way overdue to update my blog and now I know what I'll do.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I noticed you were maybe in need of a topic! LOL

Cindy Procter-King said...

Frick, I just saw this!! Well, you know I'm doing edits this week (you know if you're reading my blog, that is!), but you gave me something to maybe put on my blog next week. My deadline's next Wednesday.

Frack!!!! ;)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL I don't think it's being policed! Don't worry if you don't get to it. You've got lots of great stuff on your blog already!