Thursday, September 02, 2010

Home Alone

Today is my first day off (from the day job) since school started. I've been really looking forward to it! A whole day to work, plenty of time to really dig in. And then I stupidly added appointments to my morning. And then Number One overslept half an hour, thanks to Simone Elkeles and Suzanne Collins, which necessitated driving her to school. I'd just dive in to work now, except those appointments mean I must shower.

Day...Derailed.

Not really. I can get back on track. But here's my plan for the day:



1. Breakfast and shower
2. Vet with Frisbee (blood work, kidney function test, cha-ching)
3. Familiarization with system for new freelance work
4. Eye doctor (exam, hopefully no new contacts but still cha-ching)
5. Lunch
6. Finish revisions on Fight or Flight
7. Various and sundry little household items, maybe some filing

Then I debate whether or not to watch the Patriots game tonight. On the one hand...it's football! On the other...it's preseason. Game 4. We'll see.

9 comments:

Megan Hart said...

stop making appointments and running errands!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I KNOW!

Ava Quinn said...

I love the new look of the blog and your new cover! So nice!!!
M3

Victoria said...

I agree with Megan and Ava! Stop making appointments and I love the new look!

wv - parroini - a cross between a parrot and a pepperoni.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I hear and I will obey. LOL

Thanks re: site and cover! I liked my old template, but it wouldn't use the Share buttons, so I had to change it.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Is that a pepperoni-flavored parrot, then, V? :)

Mine was sphyte. A sphinx fight, I guess.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I guess you've been yelled at enough about your day off. I always do the same thing when I have a day like that.
Did you get everything done you had listed?

Susan Hatler said...

A day off sounds like heaven! Lately, for me, it's been go-go-go! I'm so ready for some downtime.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I did, Sue G! Mostly. Not a lot of household items, no filing, but all the rest, yes. Took me until after midnight, though. LOL

I feel for you, Susan H! I hope you get one soon!