Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Pushing Spring

I'm not one to want to hurry through the seasons. Sure, I hate March in particular and by the time winter and summer are waning, I'm more than ready for spring and fall. But generally, I like the seasons and try to enjoy them while they're here.

Not this year. I'm sick of writing massive checks for oil every two weeks, and getting up super early to drive slowly to work while my kids sleep in because school was canceled (and get to work only to have 90% of my patients not show up, anyway).

So you know what? Let's fast forward a little bit. To May. May 1st, to be exact, and the start of Brenda Novak's 2011 Online Auction to Benefit Diabetes Research.

This year, I'm participating! I don't mean just drooling over stuff that has bids way above what I can afford, or buying tickets for the incredible raffles, or bidding on a bunch of stuff I CAN afford (assuming I don't win it all...).

First, I'm offering a Proofreading/Polishing of a Partial Manuscript. If you're a writer and proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure are the bane of your existence, you might want to check it out.

Not a writer? That's cool! Carina Press authors are offering up a boatload of stuff. An entire page of stuff, in fact. In addition to first-chapter critiques by a multitude of authors, we're donating a NOOK Color and a Kindle, both loaded with e-books. There will be a breakfast with Carina authors attention the RWA National conference this June, too.

It's not too early to head over and start browsing. There are TONS of awesome items, no matter what you like.

No comments: