Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ryan Reynolds in his Underwear Always Gets a Lot of Hits

I didn't really have a good title for this post, so I stuck that one up there. We'll see what happens.

So now I'm officially T-14 days and counting. I had my pre-op testing with my optometrist today. Everything looks good. Happy corneas (her words), no retinal issues. I had massive dilation (meaning I won't be back to normal for up to 6 hours instead of the usual 2). I'm at the point now where I can see okay, but my eyeballs still feel weird and light hurts. Just call me Gizmo. The good news is that my vision did change a tiny bit between non-dilation and dilation, so I get to do it again next week. Yay. (They'll probably want to check it again so they can be sure to get the best possible outcome. I'm okay with that!)

No, the really good news is that I produce tears like mad. Since my friend Cindy had a really bad dry eye experience, that was a big relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, whose responsibility is it to fire Punxatawny Phil? I admit to being a real douche about the whole six more weeks of winter thing. Groundhog Day to the first day of official spring? Six weeks. But all that aside, this year Phil saw his shadow and proclaimed an elongated end to winter, and last week we hit record-setting highs. We're about to again tomorrow, but that's okay since it's actually spring now.

I know other parts of the country have still been unseasonably cold and even had snow, but Phil is in Pennsylvania, so that's what counts.

~~~~~~~~~~~
So who's going to the midnight showing of The Hunger Games? Not us, for several reasons:

1. It's not Harry Potter. Sheesh.
2. It's a school night.
3. More importantly, it's a work night.
4. We're all going! Me, Numbers One and Two, and J.

J hates movie crowds as much as I hate festival and park crowds, so we're going to an 11:00 a.m. show on Saturday. I had a discussion on my other blog about high expectations for this movie. Most people are trying to keep them low, but I can't help it. Mine are soaring. I can't wait!

~~~~~~~~~~~
My editor just told me about Teavana. I'm normally a pretty basic tea person, but I've already spent way too long at that site going "ooh! ooh! look! ooh!" and making notes for Mother's Day gifts. LOL I'd love some recommendations, though she's already given me enough to kill my budget for a year.

Off to browse!

4 comments:

MJFredrick said...

One of the young teachers wants me to go with her tonight but I'm like J and HATE crowds, so we're going early Saturday, too. I'm so excited.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

When I did midnight shows I showed up early and rushed to get seats. Once we're settled, it's no big deal. The things that bug me aren't present. And I like the camaraderie. These are your peeps, you know? The ones who are just as passionate as you are about something. Plus, they're the older passionate fans, for the most part. Okay, I mean college kids and young twenties. LOL I think I was the second oldest person at HPDH2. But it's not screaming obnoxious kids.

Still, you have a greater percentage of annoying people, and long lines, and crowds in the bathroom, so an early matinee is worth waiting for. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

I went to the midnight showing. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and felt like I was re-reading the book! Have fun!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Awesome! We leave in an hour!